#1 2010-09-22 10:05:32

Selfless Hero Bobo first on the scene. Wants NO credit for being such a fantastic human being..What a guy!!

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
The pilot is from Scituate. He's in critical condition at Bringham and Women's in Boston. We're all a little shaken by everything...I just wish the media would stop ringing the doorbell. NECN, WBZ and several others want to interview me. I spoke to a woman from the Brockton Enterprise earlier, but the heroes are the emergency responders and ALL the residents who went into the woods.

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
The only reason I was the first person in the woods is because the crash was right behind my house. I was closest to it. NECN thinks I'm some kind of hero because of it. They've come to the house three times now. My wife keeps telling them I'm not home. I have no interest in taking the credit away from the real heroes, and that is the emergency personnel who got this guy to safety. I was in awe watching them do their thing.

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
I just tried to help however I could. The hardest part was hearing that guy screaming and not being able to get to him right away. At least I was able to point EMS in the right direction.

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
I did learn how annoying the media can be. At one point our doorbell was ringing every 10 minutes or so.

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
Thanks, dog. I know first aid and CRP, but this was a helicopter crash. That was way out of my league.

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
That's a good question, dog. I gave the Enterprise a pretty thorough account of what happened. I think they figured out who I was and decided not to quote me, althought they used a lot of what I told them as background.

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
I can't imagine, coach. I just remember being so angry that I couldn't get to this guy right away. But you have to see these woods to understand. They had to use chainsaws to get to him. I've got cuts over most of my body trying to push through it. It just kept getting thicker and thicker.

Do you know who I am?? Bobo, you turn up in more "big news" than Forrest Gump!
Remind me again Bobo..Was that a story about a man in a helicopter crash, or the part you played in it??

Bobo performing "CRP"
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4426130/2/istockphoto_4426130-learn-cpr-don-t-clown-around.jpg

TBW
P-SPAN

Offline

 

#2 2010-09-22 10:30:57

Yeah, Bobo must have been tough to be so fat and out of shape you couldn't make it to the crash site.  Maybe its time to go on a diet?

Offline

 

#3 2010-09-22 10:42:44

this fat bastard never always seems to amaze me , but he is a liar,and i dont give a rats ass what happens in halifax , screw off ass hole.

Offline

 

#4 2010-09-22 10:42:48

Ham of Peace here.

I was going to say something but I figured no matter what you say, the brainless tin hats will twist it into "the hate bloggers are making fun of an injured helicopter pilot!!!!"

Just another example of the Bagel Boy inserting himself into another's tragedy in a vain attempt to make himself look like the hero. 

P-SPAN, Bobo once accused the Enterprise of plagiarizing one of his stories.  I assume he backed off the claim when he realized the Enterprise's story didn't have 10,000 spelling errors per paragraph.

Offline

 

#5 2010-09-22 10:45:17

The helicopter crash was around 12-1 and Bobo had his column about about it around 2-3 pm.  If you'd witnessed something like that, would your first reaction be to rush to write a column about it?  It's like "Wow!  A tragedy!  I must get to the computer and make this story about me immediately!"

Offline

 

#6 2010-09-22 11:23:04

Once again, Bobo's article ends with a tear in his eye..imagine the lard-ass sitting on his front steps, which are conveniently located in front of his house!!

My first thought was that the pilot saw the very athletic Slager throw a football and lost control of the helicopter because he was laughing so hard!..

Hopefully the pilot will recover..he is in critical conditional at a world-reknowned hospital: BRINGHAM and Womens!!

Offline

 

#7 2010-09-22 14:06:36

I am Hamatron5000.

Offline

 

#8 2010-09-22 17:47:46

I stopped reading when he wrote he ran into the woods. Him running? I then started to laugh on my front steps.

Offline

 

#9 2010-09-22 19:27:51

I can't understand how he has cuts all over his body, did he run into the woods naked?

Offline

 

#10 2010-09-23 00:01:01

slagisDB wrote:

My first thought was that the pilot!!

When I first heard of the crash in Halifax, I must admit I was concerned that it might be BoBo, but then when they said it was a 180 lb man, I knew it couldn't be him...phew....

Offline

 

#11 2010-09-23 00:02:03

iliveinazoo wrote:

I can't understand how he has cuts all over his body, did he run into the woods naked?

HaHa good point!

Offline

 

#12 2010-09-23 07:21:15

maybe he has 123 cuts and doesn't want to reveal the source. what a hero.

Offline

 

#13 2010-09-23 08:02:09

iliveinazoo wrote:

I can't understand how he has cuts all over his body, did he run into the woods naked?

I didn't hear anything about a herd of frightened deer, squirrels, chipmunks and other forest creatures running out of the Halifax forest in a mass exodus so I assume not.

Offline

 

#14 2010-09-23 09:40:14

Hamatron5000 wrote:

I didn't hear anything about a herd of frightened deer, squirrels, chipmunks and other forest creatures running out of the Halifax forest in a mass exodus so I assume not.

No Mystery. Two rampaging and notably headless dolls continue to elude custody and sanity.

Offline

 

#15 2010-09-23 10:05:06

Some thoughts to ponder....

Is BoBo sure it wasn't a Kamakazi Hate Blogger aiming for his house?
Was the pilot distracted by the life size picture of sweet Brucie on his roof?
Was BoBo running to search the crash scene for change when he thought the helicopter was upside down?
Was he the first person in the woods cuz that he where he is living?
Looked it up and we're not sure BoBo doing CPR is covered by Good Samaritan Law.
You notice his wife keeps telling them he's not home; not that he is at work.

Last edited by Mixie (2010-09-23 14:48:03)

Offline

 

#16 2010-09-23 10:17:48

Hamatron5000 wrote:

I didn't hear anything about a herd of frightened deer, squirrels, chipmunks and other forest creatures running out of the Halifax forest in a mass exodus so I assume not.

It seems someone captured video of Bobo's courageous entry into the Halifax forest..



TBW
P-SPAN

Offline

 

#17 2010-09-23 10:58:00

I have deliberately held off, but I can't any longer.

I don't want to diminish what the troll's two children saw, or didn't see. I imagine for young ones, it was traumatic to watch a helicopter disappear over the trees and your father telling you to get inside while he is dialing 911.

But...I don't believe that the troll is suffering from PTSD. First of all, the story was never about the poor pilot that went down, it was about the troll and his feelings. Just like all of his "news" stories are about him. That's why he is not a journalist. He is an editor of whatever descriptive media you wish to give it, and a numb nuts.

If he had run in to the woods, like just about everyone on this site would have, seen the pilot trapped inside the chopper, raced over, pulled him out and watched in horror as his skin peeled off him because of the third degree burns, tried to calm him while awaiting help, putting cold water on the burns if possible, giving encouragement, hoping the man wouldn't die, and feeling frustrated because he has never been trained in advanced life saving techniques, waited until the emergency personnel worked on the man, thanked him for saving the man'rs life, shook his hand and then turned him over to the media, then I could understand why he is upset.

There isn't a cop, a fire fighter, or any emergency or safety personnel that has been on the job for more than a year that hasn't seen what I described above, or worse circumstances, several times a year. They are the ones who went into the woods. The cops, the firemen, volunteers, civilians, etc. They are the ones that see this constantly, and a lot worse and I don't have to describe how much worse because everyone knows on this site.

Everyone on this site knows a cop, fire fighter, or nurse, doctor, emergency personnel, military members, etc.
They have reason to be traumatized, and they REALLY DO have PTSD.

I am willing to be that not one of them has been affected by "almost" seeing a helicopter crash.

This is the guy that "outs" military personnel, and talks about cops, especially cops that post on this site, like they were dogs.

Dumbass.

Self serving, self-possessed, self-absorbed failure that needs to find a real job.

I do hope the "press"and "media" leave him alone though. It can be very traumatic to have someone knocking on your door every ten minutes.

Offline

 

#18 2010-09-23 12:55:29

I just received an e-mail from the troll. He said if I didn't answer him by calling a certain phone number or e-mailing him back, I would be a coward. I know I don't have to prove my manhood, and I have pointed out before that the only people who are offended or afraid of being called a coward, are cowards. Or those who may be unsure, because they have never been tested.

Anyhoo...The troll tells me that the EXACT thing that I printed about someone who rushed to the victim, pulled him out, watched in horror, etc.,etc.,etc,.He said that he did exactly as I described.

I am in a quandary. I only post on this site and occasionally on Wareham Week. However, knowing that there are many cops and fire fighters on this site, would someone PLEASE research the various police and fire and rescue reports and tell me that what I described is written in those reports naming the troll as a hero who rescued the pilot.

If you can find that for me, or a news report saying it, or any media reports saying it, then I will go on this site, and YES, even the troll's site, and I will apologize to him. Hell, I'll even go on the Wareham Week site and apologize to him. I will call him a hero publicly, and I will beg all of you to ask the Chiefs of the various Departments involved to please give him a medal.

I need your help, and I am sure the troll wants an apology. Plus, if we can PROVE that he is right, he will really be able to write a good story about that crash on his site and not worry about us laughing at him or whatever.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Offline

 

#19 2010-09-23 13:12:50

There are several reports, but only one I could find referencing the Halifax Hack.
http://www.wickedlocal.com/halifax/feat … pter-crash

I don't know if this helps, but I will also post the verbage.

HALIFAX — The pilot of an experimental helicopter that crashed in the swamp near the Twin Lakes condominium complex suffered burns over 30 percent of his body and could be heard screaming through the thick woods according to fire officials and witnesses of the crash that happened Sunday afternoon.

Witness Robert Slager was in his yard playing catch with his twin daughters when he noticed the ultralight helicopter fly low above his house at Twin Lakes Condominiums.

“It was about 100 feet above the ground and I remember, I was kind of annoyed with how low it was,” Slager said Monday. “We didn’t think anything of it, except that I thought it was odd because it was very quiet.”

Slager said he and his girls stopped playing to watch as the aircraft flew about 300 feet beyond the house, turned around and came back. “It looked like he was trying to get back to the airport, then he banked left sharply and went into a spin.

“I realized he was going to crash and  told the girls to get inside. I heard the crash, but there wasn’t any loud boom; it sounded like he was caught in the trees, I just heard branches breaking. Then I ran in the house and called 911.”

After the call came in to the Halifax Fire Department, it took approximately an hour to hack into the forest to extricate the man, who is identified only as a 50-year-old Scituate man, Fire Chief William Carrico said. Firefighters responded to the crash site within 10 minutes of the call, but it took 50 minutes to cut through the woods.

Slager said he entered the woods to try and locate find the helicopter, but the thick brambles kept him from getting far.

“I yelled out to see if anyone was stil alive, and I heard the pilot start screaming,” Slager said.

He heard fishermen on Monponsett Pond yelling back to the pilot that help was on the way as the sound of sirens came closer.

Emergency crews had to cut their way to the crash site using chainsaws. Slager said he heard a rumor that one firefighter was struck by a tree and refused treatment.

Slager said by the time they reached the pilot, he had crawled out of the cockpit. His chest and face had been badly burnt by a fire that ignited in the craft’s console and spread from leaking fuel.

“I think he was lucky because those ultralights carry so little fuel,” Slager said.

A second firefighter vomited at the crash site and was taken to the hospital with nausea. The victim was taken to a Boston hospital by a Boston MedFlight helicopter. It took 90 minutes to get the man out of the woods to the waiting ambulance.

A State Police helicopter hovered above the crash site, giving ground crews an idea of where in the swampy area the victim was located. The crash took place about 100 yards from East Monponsett Pond, between Twin Lakes and the Halifax MBTA station. It was about a mile from Cranland Airport in Hanson. The pilot had taken off from that airport earlier Sunday, Halifax police Sgt. Ted Broderick said.

Representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration responded to the crash site to investigate.

Investigators were working to determine the pilot’s destination and the cause of the crash, Broderick said Sunday afternoon.

Slager said he was impressed with the quick response by emergency teams. Plympton, Hanson and East Bridgewater emergency crews also arrived to help.

“These guys were unbelievably good,” Slager said. “They saved that guy’s life.”

Offline

 

#20 2010-09-23 13:35:48

Well, thank you, Larry.
What is meant by "Slager said by the time THEY reached the pilot, etc."
Does "they" include Slager?
I hope others will participate so we can give this man the accolades he deserves.

Offline

 

#21 2010-09-23 13:47:29

Amazing since he never reads the blogs anymore that he shot off an email to dan so quickly

Offline

 

#22 2010-09-23 14:16:54

Yes, good point IHS...didn't take long.
Still waiting to help this hero get some recognition.

Offline

 

#23 2010-09-23 14:22:05

this is what bobo wrote but who knows how many times he changed it. it went from he had cuts all over his body to his skin was cut just about everywhere. good thing he doesn't bother with what hatebloggers have to say.

I yelled to my daughters to get inside as we watched the helicopter crash violently into the woods around 300 yards or so from my house. There had been no explosion, but I heard the sound of branches breaking. Thank God, I thought. The trees had broken the fall.

    Within 30 seconds I was on the phone calling 911. Then I headed into the thick woods behind my house, not really sure what I planned to do. I just wanted to find the pilot. I had no idea what I would have done if I had found him. I just knew I had to try.

    Those woods are so thick with brush and branches a person would need a machete to slice through them. My skin was cut just about everywhere. After getting about 200 yards into the woods I couldn't go any further. The brush was just too thick. After saying some bad words to myself and asking God why he was making this so damn hard, I began to yell out as loud as I could, trying to see if anyone was still alive out there.

    Then I heard a sound that will be with me for the rest of my life. I heard the pilot screaming.

    “God help me. I don’t want to die.”

     Then I heard two other voices. There were two fishermen out on the lake. Judging from the sound of their voices they were closer to the crash site. I heard one of them yell to the pilot not to move, that help was on the way. Then I heard the sirens coming from all directions.

    At that point I headed back to my house, thinking that if I couldn't make it to the crash site at least I could help emergency responders locate where the helicopter went down. Police, fire and EMS personnel from multiple communities had arrived with stunning speed to the area. Emergency personnel (along with myself and several residents of the neighborhood) spread out into the woods immediately to try to locate the victim. Nobody seemed to care about the potential danger. The helicopter hadn’t exploded, meaning there could still be fuel leaking everywhere. But nobody cared. I will never forget that.

    Another resident (a Halifax firefighter/EMT) reached the pilot first. The pilot had suffered third degree burns on more than 50 percent of his body after an electrical fire from the front panel of his helicopter ignited some fuel. He had somehow managed to crawl out of the wreckage, but he was in really bad shape.

    And he was trapped there. Emergency vehicles could not reach him after EMS personnel had arrived by foot. I quickly went back to my house to check on my daughters. They had witnessed a terrible thing. I hugged them tightly, perhaps as much for me as for them.   

    My mother then drove over to take them to her house. There was so much activity around our house it was better that way. A state police helicopter hovered above the crash site to provide a visual aid for emergency personnel. At one point a group of firefighters became lost in the thick woods. Sirens were blaring everywhere. The whole situation would have shaken my daughters even more than they were already shaken.

     I went back into the woods and watched off to the side as these brave emergency responders carried the pilot down a path they had cut through the woods with chainsaws. I had to see it. I had to watch this man being saved. I may never be able to explain why. I had to see it with my own eyes. Even though the extent of his injuries was horrifying to witness, I had to watch him get to safety.

Offline

 

#24 2010-09-23 14:29:14

By: robertslager on 9/19/10
The only reason I was the first person in the woods is because the crash was right behind my house. I was closest to it. NECN thinks I'm some kind of hero because of it. They've come to the house three times now. My wife keeps telling them I'm not home. I have no interest in taking the credit away from the real heroes, and that is the emergency personnel who got this guy to safety. I was in awe watching them do their thing.

So NECN thinks Slager is some kind of hero for what exactly?????  What exactly did he do that was so heroic?  I mean come on, in less than an hour of something so traumatic happening he writes an article about how it involves HIM.  Give me a break.  Do what you said wants to be done Slager;  let the real heroes get the credit they deserve, but ironically (unlike you) don't want!

Offline

 

#25 2010-09-23 14:46:04

It has changed quite a bit since the original story. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the original?

Offline

 

#26 2010-09-23 17:18:12

SO THE HERO LOL LET A COUPLE OF BRANCHES AND PRICKLY VINES PREVENTED HIM FROM REACHING THE COPTER??? OH NO BRAMBLE BUSHES WHAT DO I DO? I GUESS I'LL TURN AROUND AND GO HOME. GOD HELP ME.

Offline

 

#27 2010-09-23 17:36:51

Be prepared for the loser's lament about poison ivy in the woods & brambles.

"He's gonna need an ocean
of Calamine lotion
He'll be scratchin' all around
  just 'cause that copter went down!

Poison Robbbbbbie
Poison Robbbbbbie

Late at night while you're sleepin'
His crapadola comes creepin'
around"

Offline

 

#28 2010-09-23 17:39:25

LMAO...

Offline

 

#29 2010-09-24 11:39:28

OK...you are going to LOVE this....I was just sent this:



Member Opinions:
By: LenSkynyrd on 9/20/10
I hope you and your family are doing ok, Rob, one day later.
By: robertslager on 9/20/10
Thanks, Len. The girls have needed a little more attention than usual today. They said they were tired of people talking about the crash at school. They are at a Girl Scouts meeting tonight, and they love Girl Scouts, so I'm sure that will help. I have to go pick them up in a few minutes. After that they are going to get a whole lot of cuddle time with mom and dad.
By: LenSkynyrd on 9/20/10
I think time will heal those wounds. Now we can only hope and pray that the pilot comes through ok. Tell your girls there are a lot of people in Wareham who care about them.
By: robertslager on 9/20/10
Thank you, Len. That was a very kind thing to say.
By: CoachTP on 9/20/10
I spoke with a pilot who was at Cranland before the crash. He actually spoke to the pilot and told me the motor looked like a starter motor. He told the pilot he was crazy to fly in that contraption. He said he would not trust it. He left for Myricks and the helo went down a little later.
By: robertslager on 9/22/10
As expected the hatebloggers are trying to turn the tragic helicopter crash in Halifax into a joke, much like they joked about the EEE victim. I have a question for two of the hatebloggers - If your mother was such a saint, how could she raise such monsters?
By: robertslager on 9/23/10
From Dan O'Connell:

I have deliberately held off, but I can't any longer.

I don't want to diminish what the troll's two children saw, or didn't see. I imagine for young ones, it was traumatic to watch a helicopter disappear over the trees and your father telling you to get inside while he is dialing 911.

But...I don't believe that the troll is suffering from PTSD. First of all, the story was never about the poor pilot that went down, it was about the troll and his feelings. Just like all of his "news" stories are about him. That's why he is not a journalist. He is an editor of whatever descriptive media you wish to give it, and a numb nuts.

If he had run in to the woods, like just about everyone on this site would have, seen the pilot trapped inside the chopper, raced over, pulled him out and watched in horror as his skin peeled off him because of the third degree burns, tried to calm him while awaiting help, putting cold water on the burns if possible, giving encouragement, hoping the man wouldn't die, and feeling frustrated because he has never been trained in advanced life saving techniques, waited until the emergency personnel worked on the man, thanked him for saving the man'rs life, shook his hand and then turned him over to the media, then I could understand why he is upset.

There isn't a cop, a fire fighter, or any emergency or safety personnel that has been on the job for more than a year that hasn't seen what I described above, or worse circumstances, several times a year. They are the ones who went into the woods. The cops, the firemen, volunteers, civilians, etc. They are the ones that see this constantly, and a lot worse and I don't have to describe how much worse because everyone knows on this site.

Everyone on this site knows a cop, fire fighter, or nurse, doctor, emergency personnel, military members, etc.
They have reason to be traumatized, and they REALLY DO have PTSD.

I am willing to be that not one of them has been affected by "almost" seeing a helicopter crash.

This is the guy that "outs" military personnel, and talks about cops, especially cops that post on this site, like they were dogs.

Dumbass.

Self serving, self-possessed, self-absorbed failure that needs to find a real job.

I do hope the "press"and "media" leave him alone though. It can be very traumatic to have someone knocking on your door every ten minutes.

RS - Dan, since you are way too much of a coward to ever pick up a telephone and express your feelings to me directly, let me explain a few things.

I did many of those things you mentioned. You wouldn't know that because you don't have the stones to contact me directly. I did see a man with his face melted off. Do I have your permission to be shaken by that? Do I have your permission to be shaken by the sound of his screams?

You take petty partisan politics way to far. The reason I wrote a column and not a news story is because this happened in HALIFAX, not Wareham, you moron. I wrote about it because that's what writers do. They write. I wrote about it as soon as the ambulance left because I needed to. Is OK with you? If you don't like the Observer, don't read it.

We both know you are nothing more than a hired gun. But how much does the price of your soul cost? Shame on you. And just so you know, Andrea has told me all about you. I know why you are the way you are. But that doesn't excuse you from being a disgusting human being.

By: robertslager on 9/23/10
Two last things, Dan. I didn't "out" anyone. Larry McDonald did. And if Nicole didn't want publicity over her husband's deplayment she probably shouldn't have allowed herself to be interviewed by the media.

Also, I "almost" saw a helicopter crash? Please check out Fox-25's coverage of the event. They lead their report with part of my 911 call. Go ask your "friends" to confirm that was my voice.
By: robertslager on 9/23/10
This will be my last comment on O'Connell. He's now claiming I sent him an e-mail saying I rescued the pilot. I never sent him any such e-mail. My column makes it crystal clear that another resident reached the victim first. Dan, why do you need to lie through your teeth about everything? You are truly pathetic.




OH MY GOODNESS! One of us is , as the Cape Verdeans say, "TaTa".

OK...let's play the game. Let's say that I NEVER received an e-mail from Slager.(Yeah...I'm going to call him Slager instead of the troll because I don't want to be the one that finally sets him off and he pops like a balloon and takes some innocent people out with him).

It was all a lie...all a figment of my imagination.

But, dude, where is the love?

I am trying to prove that you are a hero, and you are finally able to unveil your heroism and talk about those horrible sights you saw, including a man's face peel off...

I mean, because of the "alleged" e-mail I mentioned, you have been able to report on the true activities you  performed that day, and we are all on a quest to make sure you get a medal.

There are many people feverishly searching all records and reports so that we can show our true appreciation for a hero among our midsts.

While they are still searching, which I hope we can report on soon, you should get your medication checked.

Chill out.

I mean, if you think about it, if you had taken the time that a young "cub" reporter would have, you may have received a Pulitzer nomination for a phenomenal story, factually written, mixed with the reporter's feelings, interviews with the fishermen, and the rescuers(besides the reporter, of course), what Police, Fire and emergency people responded, interviews with those that witnessed the horrors, of course interview the emergency worker, or cop, or fireman, whatever that puked because of the terrible scene. You know...a STORY....

Just hold on, dude. We are going to make you a decorated hero. This will be bigger and better than the Man of the Year at the Elks.

By the way, I'd drop the peaches thing. We discovered peaches was real very quickly, and we have probably helped her more than you or your minions...that's not for me to say. But, I do believe that peaches appreciates us.

Stand by....for the REST of the story.

Offline

 

#30 2010-09-24 12:15:38

danoconnell wrote:

The Halifax Hero wrote:

And just so you know, Andrea has told me all about you. I know why you are the way you are. But that doesn't excuse you from being a disgusting human being..

This is funny to me. Once he tried to insult me (and my family) when he wrote that Andrea knew me and my family, and it was no surprise I "turned out like I did".. Andrea doesn't know me or my family..and why does Andrea's opinion prove that we're "derelicts" or whatever, anyway? Do you know Andrea, Dan? Bobo, you're a pathetic liar..Write ONE story without it being your dramatic, self-absorbed, fantasy world "rendition" of it. (Check out a real newspaper for guidance)..and again..we aren't making fun of anyone who was hurt here..just you, Assclown.

TBW
P-SPAN

Offline

 

#31 2010-09-24 12:51:57

Here is the latest "non" e-mail I received ( or didn't receive)...:



I thought I would save you the trouble of pretending you don't read our web site. This is my response to your latest idiocy:

  When is O'Connell going to get it through his thick head that I never said I was the hero in all of this? Is this man learning impaired? I was one of dozens of people who went into the woods searching for the pilot. NECN kept ringing my door that day because one of my neighbors saw me go into the woods, and NECN (like all the other TV news crews) was looking for an angle. The reason I didn't speak to NECN was bacause I WASN'T the hero. The heroes were the first responders. That's exactly what I told the Brockton Enterprise and the Halifax Reporter.

I had no interest whatsoever of giving the TV news the gory details of what happened. They live off that stuff and I didn't want to be any part of it.

I don't know why this is so hard for O'Connell to understand. This is what happened: After I came back out for the woods the first time several groups of people were preparing to enter the woods from multiple locations. I joined one of those groups because I knew approximately where the pilot was from the sounds of his screams. This group entered the woods directly to the right of my house.

The person who found the pilot was a guy who lives up the street from me. I didn't know it at the time, but he was an off-duty EMT/firefighter. He was the true hero in all this. I'm not sure why he hasn't stepped forward, but that is his decision to make, not mine.

Official first responders entered the woods at another location but were slowed by knee-deep mud. Another set of first responders because creating a path with chainsaws because the woods were so thick.

Another group was led by a couple of fishermen who saw the crash from the lake. One news report gave them credit for finding the pilot, but that wasn't the case. Not to take any credit from these guys, but that report simply wasn't true. They did make it to the crash site, along with people from the different groups, but they didn't get there first.

The first responders arrived shortly afterward. They're gear weighed them down so they couldn't move as quickly as some of the others.

The people who arrived before the official first responders told the pilot to hang on, that help was on the way. The guy who got their first checked all his vital signs and kept him calm, but didn't have medical equiptment with him because he was off-duty.

As soon as the official first responders arrived everyone else got out of the way.

The pilot was badly injured and it was a horrible thing to witness. I have no idea why O'Connell and the hatebloggers would doubt that. The pilot had third-degree burns on his face and chest. I saw it with my own eyes.

Many of the media reports were inaccurate. Fox-25 said the pilot was on fire when he was pulled from the wreckage. That wasn't true. The pilot had crawled out on his own when he was found. His helicopter was pretty much melted at that point.

My bothered me yesterday was O'Connell's bizarre conclusion that I had no right to be shaken by any of this. In yet another attempt to create a smear campaign, he claimed I declared myself a hero and now is trying to show otherwise. Again, I never said I was a hero. While I am very proud of the response of all my neighbors, the heroes were the people who carried the pilot to safety. Why part of that can't O'Connell understand? I just don't get it.

Anyway, right now I am trying to put all this behind me. It's been a difficult experience for everyone involved. It's just sad to me that O'Connell and the hatebloggers are this motivated to turn a tragedy into something even uglier that it was.

Dan, I truly believe you are a very sick man. You have my pity.




NOW....THAT is a news story. See, Mr. Slager, you CAN write a story.

We are working on at least giving you a citation, since a medal seems to be out of the question.

To answer P-Span...yes Andrea was my next door neighbor in Jefferson Shores when I was growing up. Her brother Nicky was a good friend. They had a summer home. Nice family. I would never say anything negative about Andrea, which I believe I have stated before. I always liked Andrea, and her father was one of the funniest men I ever met in my life.

Stay tuned....I am sure there are many researching reports, and maybe we'll have even more NEWS from Mr. Slager. I can't wait!!

Edited because I screwed up and put his e-mail up twice...sorry..

Last edited by danoconnell (2010-09-24 12:54:21)

Offline

 

#32 2010-09-24 13:03:57

Here is my favorite line "Many of the media reports were inaccurate."  However, Bobo will never admit he is inaccurate, twisting the truth to what he wants or plain out fabricating.  I guess only real media outlets do that, Bobo.

Offline

 

#33 2010-09-24 13:16:24

Geez does this man have a life or does he sit behind the comuter all day long? Has anyone checked on poor Linda Burke from AD Makepeace who had to send him an e-mail to correct the woman of the years inaccurate statements from Tuesday? Of course he could have been a real reporter and called before he printed the ridiculous claim. P-Soan is right, this guy is an assclown.

Offline

 

#34 2010-09-24 15:23:39

If Slager had just wrote about the story without interjecting himself into it, then it would be medal worthy.  But ofcourse it has to be all about him, and his cuts, his frustration, his tears.    Slager claims it was NECN that was trying to make him the hero.  Really Slager?  It was NECN? Not you?  Get a grip on reality.  But don't worry Dan, you now have his pity.

Offline

 

#35 2010-09-24 20:05:36

danoconnell wrote:

OK...you are going to LOVE this....I was just sent this:



I have a question for two of the hatebloggers - If your mother was such a saint, how could she raise such monsters?
By: robertslager on 9/23/10

Look Robert!  Rosemary had a better baby than your mother!


.

Offline

 

#36 2010-09-24 20:15:15

BoBo laments, " I "almost" saw a helicopter crash? Please check out Fox-25's coverage of the event. They lead their report with part of my 911 call. Go ask your "friends" to confirm that was my voice."

Why?  We'll just get Sweet Brucie's answering machine if we want to hear your voice.

Offline

 

#37 2010-09-24 20:19:16

BoBo asks, " But how much does the price of your soul cost?"

A lot more than you got for yours, weiner boy.

Offline

 

#38 2010-09-24 20:22:44

BoBo informs, " I "almost" saw a helicopter crash? Please check out Fox-25's coverage of the event"  If you see a fat guy wearing black socks on Fox News - that's me!

Offline

 

#39 2010-09-24 20:34:22

DanO counsels BoBo, " if you think about it, if you had taken the time that a young "cub" reporter would have, you may have received a Pulitzer nomination"

And now all you are going to get is the 'Pointer of the Year Award', "They went that way"...

Last edited by Mixie (2010-09-24 20:35:29)

Offline

 

#40 2010-09-24 23:36:16

How will douchnozzle ever top himself? Tune in next week and see.

http://warehamobserver.com/img/womedevac.png

Last edited by billw (2010-09-25 02:18:37)

Offline

 

#41 2010-09-25 17:20:24

My goodness...someone just sent me Mr. Slager's column about some of us on this site.

I would like to thank him for the kind words about me. His compliments mean quite a bit to me. I think between me and Larry he may have a little crush.

I know you have all been working hard to help Mr. Slager receive some recognition for his deeds last Sunday. I haven't been able to report anything new, because apparently we haven't been able to find any official, or unofficial, reports from any agency showing his name as being part of a witness list, member of a rescue crew, or even a spectator.

I still believe him.

I know that we have many talented people on this site, and I wonder if some of you would be willing to design a nice certificate of appreciation for Mr. Slager and recognize his actions. I think it would be a nice thing to do, and a good way to show our appreciation for his heroism and perhaps will help him heal a little from the trauma he suffered.

Let's show him some love...

Offline

 

#42 2010-09-25 20:19:58

DanO, you are quite correct. it behooves us to take affirmative action to recognize the benificent actions of the briars & brambles bagel boy.

To that end, I have told my daughter that the shipment of mangled rags will not be coming to use in her horse's stall. She is disappointed, of course; but she will get over it.

No, it seems that we need to find a specialist in origami, who can turn all of that waste paper into a unique display on the front lawn of the Wareham Town Hall. Yes, a bigger-than-life replica of the BoBo, with an adjoining cartoon bubble circling the words "Oh! shit!" With the appropriate Japanese designs as accents, of course.

Or, we could all get together and fold the waste paper into paper airplanes and have a contest on the lawn in the name of BoBo the hero. Given the lightweight nature of the content in the so-called newspapers, someone just might challenge the Guinness Book of Records for such flights. Just imagine, BoBo in the Guinness Book of records. Man, I'll need more than a few cold ones to deal with that!

Lotsa options.

Offline

 

#43 2010-09-25 22:36:31

Which hat fits Bobo best?

Twirly Bird Bobo?




...or Thorns & Brambles Bobo??



TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-09-25 22:36:56)

Offline

 

#44 2010-09-25 23:19:05

LMAO, P-Span.

How does that song go?

"Oh they ran through the briers and they ran though the brambles and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit wouldn't go..."

I really prefer the thorns and brambles....it would be a nice background for a certificate of appreciation.

Offline

 

#46 2010-09-26 00:02:48

AHHH....they don't write 'em like that anymore.

I wonder if someone could put Mr. Slager's face on Andy Jackson...

Offline

 

Board footer

warehamwater.com