1) Mandate immediately that NO OVERTIME be allocated or approved to be spent by ANY town department - this applies to all departments unless there is a certifiable state of emergency. For example, police overtime especially for traffic oriented details, town conducted snowplowing, no special details of any kind.
2) Four Day work week for all hourly employees at Town Hall (or its equivalent in real dollars); the need does not exist for the current amount of hourly staff.
3) Form an independent citizens advocacy/advisory group, whose initial purpose is to explore and offer a written opinion as to the expenditures and values related to administrative purposes in the school department.
4) More participation by all those who voted in this past election. Don't vote NO because you see only the small problem that faces you i.e. like your pothole needs filling. To those who voted whether YES ore NO, I hope all our intent was to start making our Town better and that is why we voted! Attend a meeting, offer a constructive opinion . You'll be happy to find out both sides of what often appears as a battle have a lot in common. Be ashamed of yourself if you don't. More than 4,000 voted yesterday. Usually less than a handful of people attend Town committee meetings. No one is a mind reader and I've seen where citizen input is appreciated and helps.
5) Stay positive and work things out. This is going to be a challenging mission for all.
Yep, if you voted NO you get to think you can get out of jail for FREE. If you voted YES you know nothing is for FREE. We all stay in jail til it gets worked out.
The spirit of self sacrifice here barely has a pulse.
We've even earned an unwelcome entry in the Urban Dictionary.
A small town that lies right off the cape. Onset is one of the most popular tourist attractions in town, along with Water Wizz. Wareham is known to never back down from a fight and is feared by surrounding towns. Overall Wareham is a fairly nice town. Many alternate meanings of words are originated here including guido, Cumbys blow jobs, Hesster the Molester, and many more. Hess is the most common place to find groups of teenagers who have nothing better to do than sit in the parking lot and cause ruckus.
Human 1: Aye, you wanna go to Wareham?
Human 2: Aye, you wanna actually do something with our lives?
Yes, there is slim hope; there's always Fiscal '15 which looks even brighter. HA HA!
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/region … story.html
Hey, just love how those fireworks folks watch the dollars roll in. They hold their organizational gig out of town, can't get the funds to pay for the police detail let alone the clean up and trouble the crowds create. And our Town runs after this sort of event to float it's balloon of false hopes.
While we're at it we may as well have a blessing of the fleet too! As the harbormaster's office uses it's funds to put on a false face for more hope. How many dollars will that cost that were mandated?
Wareham on the cheap, what a deal! Free fireworks and a blessing too. Who could ask for more?