#66 2009-12-15 11:55:16

As a representative of Take Back Wareham and the 1,725 people who have signed up, received membership cards (and the really great TBW dogtags), I humbly announce that we are starting a branch organization called WDD (Wareham Douchebag Detectives) that will include former members of the Power Elite Bastards, Hate Bloggers, CBW, ABC, NBC, FBI, WWE, and TNT.

To further confuse the Tin Foil Hat Club, we are going to spell CRC backwards (which is CRC), and they won't know the difference.

Offline

 

#67 2009-12-15 12:27:01

WantToSeeChange wrote:

Believe me, I am not defending Liz.  It was just an example of one of the first posts that I saw on here the first time I read the site.  It was something that turned me off to it is all I am saying.  I don't know the circumstances of why it was said or who was saying it.  That wasn't important at the time.  The fact that it was being said made me think twice about joining in. 

I am very thankful to Bill W for making this site possible and I hope to meet him someday.  I am pretty sure we have not crossed paths before although I find it hard to believe that we haven't at one point or another.  I know a few people on here personally but not Bill. 

I too was born and raised here in town and I agree that people (including myself) are very angry about the state of the town due to just a few idiots.  I hope that change will happen in April but fear that many citizens will vote as I used to.  That would be the "well they have been serving all along so why change anything?" method of voting.  I hope there is another way other than this site to keep getting the word out to those who just don't know or care all that much as I used to be.

You sound like a nice person who needs a review of the damage inflicted on Wareham. History doesn't lie. 

Is there anybody who could compile a list (long) of all the BAD things that have happened in Wareham over the past seven or so years - since BS rose to POWER? and a list of the GOOD things that have occerred during the same time frame? I'll start with the BAD:

1. Giving  TWO MILLION to K&P to help them attack its own employees, volunteers, citizens and taxpayers.

Offline

 

#68 2009-12-15 12:51:06

waterview wrote:

WantToSeeChange wrote:

Believe me, I am not defending Liz.  It was just an example of one of the first posts that I saw on here the first time I read the site.  It was something that turned me off to it is all I am saying.  I don't know the circumstances of why it was said or who was saying it.  That wasn't important at the time.  The fact that it was being said made me think twice about joining in. 

I am very thankful to Bill W for making this site possible and I hope to meet him someday.  I am pretty sure we have not crossed paths before although I find it hard to believe that we haven't at one point or another.  I know a few people on here personally but not Bill. 

I too was born and raised here in town and I agree that people (including myself) are very angry about the state of the town due to just a few idiots.  I hope that change will happen in April but fear that many citizens will vote as I used to.  That would be the "well they have been serving all along so why change anything?" method of voting.  I hope there is another way other than this site to keep getting the word out to those who just don't know or care all that much as I used to be.

You sound like a nice person who needs a review of the damage inflicted on Wareham. History doesn't lie. 

Is there anybody who could compile a list (long) of all the BAD things that have happened in Wareham over the past seven or so years - since BS rose to POWER? and a list of the GOOD things that have occerred during the same time frame? I'll start with the BAD:

1. Giving  TWO MILLION to K&P to help them attack its own employees, volunteers, citizens and taxpayers.

Nah, I know the damage.  That is why I am here and not on other sites.  I have been to the town meetings and those that I couldn't attend, I have watched.  I even left home one night to go to the meeting to speak my mind, I was so pissed off at what was going on.  I have seen the "it's only illegal if people catch us" or some bullshit like that.  I have seen $1m go from CPC to Bruces back yard.  I have seen the BOS defender run the meeting in a way that is despicable.  I have seen it and heard it all. 

I had no real interest in politics until about 4 or 5 years ago when I realized what was going on.   I thought town meeting was "cool" before that.  Now I see it for what they have made it.  A means to their end which if at all possible, I try to attend regularly to defeat what I personally think might be stupid that time around.   Before abuot 5 years ago I also thought that if a BOS member was up for re-election, that was fine with me.  I didn't know anything about them and couldn't have cared less.  I was usually just there to vote on the Articles and anything about people doing jobs was extra.  I just hope that enough people AREN'T like I was this time around.  We need knowledgeable voters out there.

Offline

 

#69 2009-12-15 15:16:32

Just one more shot at BS name-calling.  One of the Swifts Beach grandmothers relayed this to me:  When Bruce and Rose had their Pizza business the little kids called him  "The Pizza Nazi".  Over nothing, he would go into a rage using all and more nasty words than we see on this site. The kids just wanted a piece of pizza. What they got was a barrage of very bad words. - a fine example of refinement he was...

Offline

 

#70 2009-12-15 15:19:41

I met one of these neighborhood kids recently.  He just turned 18 and was joining the National Guard.  I encouraged him to register to vote.  He said yes.

Offline

 

#71 2009-12-15 15:34:56

WantToSeeChange wrote:

Nah, I know the damage...

I had no real interest in politics until about 4 or 5 years ago when I realized what was going on.   I thought town meeting was "cool" before that.  Now I see it for what they have made it.  A means to their end which if at all possible, I try to attend regularly to defeat what I personally think might be stupid that time around.   Before abuot 5 years ago I also thought that if a BOS member was up for re-election, that was fine with me.  I didn't know anything about them and couldn't have cared less.  I was usually just there to vote on the Articles and anything about people doing jobs was extra.  I just hope that enough people AREN'T like I was this time around.  We need knowledgeable voters out there.

Yeah, sounds like me six months ago

..and Waterview.. "Pizza Nazi" "No pizza for you!!!"


P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Offline

 

#72 2009-12-15 20:30:45

Let him keep writing.  He must be bringing more people to this site to see what a load of crap he is "reporting" about this site.

Offline

 

#73 2009-12-15 22:27:24

waterview wrote:

searay240 wrote:

Kin, and sometimes once the second cheek is slapped and there are no more an actual conversation might take place.

I've often been told by many of you in person that what we hear is not hate but anger. An anger that has come from seeing the Town go in a different direction...well my friends the folks on the other side of the story have the same anger.and if we are to come together and unite then we have a shot at building Wareham back to the stature that it deserves. The continuous fighting will only keep us down...and allow some folks wishing for failure to succeed.

They may not bring a fancy dish to the first house party but as they become comfortable and make friends not only will they bring dessert but they may actually host their own house party.

I say let them in, this house is big enough for all of us. Just my opinion.

Steve

You sound like a nice person and new to Wareham politics, searay, but...arguing, reasoning, and debating with with IGNORANCE is futile... the old story...can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

You would be wasting your time trying to make "nice reasonable people" out of a bunch of ignorant lying cheating criminals (a.. h...s). There are many good people standing ready to step up to Take Wareham Back! NOW!

#1 ~ Steve, are you new to Wareham politics?   Hmmm.

You are probably more correct about "debating with ignorance is futile"  but it isn't always a hinderance.  Whenever Slager starts on something he has read on this site, he puffs it up and drags it everywhere.   People read his blogs/rag and think we are hatebloggers.  Now, these people tell their friends.  Every day this talk is making people wonder how bad we really are so maybe one or two will decide to see for themselves.  After a few days, they are reading here more and more and start to see where the truth really lies.  It may take awhile for them to write something, but they will and in turn they will tell Slager's followers how wrong they are.......and the beat goes on.

Offline

 

#74 2009-12-16 08:20:12

What I find odd is how Slag---oops, Beammeup has been quiet since his reinstatement. You would think a class act like that would go back to the posts he made and answer the replies.

Offline

 

#75 2009-12-16 08:27:55

The Pizza Nazi! Ha, that sounds about right.  "No pizza for you!"

Wow I hadn't realized it but time does move by fast.  Somewhere out there, the boy that had pizza fork prong marks in his hand is now a man with pizza fork prong marks in his hand. 

Wherever you are, we salute you and hope that the pizza fork prong marks have healed.

So does Bobo ever keep track of his bullshit?  He says this site is all Take Back Wareham and Take Back Wareham is evil, now he says there are evil people fighting Take Back Wareham and blah blah blah stick a bagel in your fat face Bobo no one gives a shit.

We may have a debate where we don't all agree on something but Bobo, everyone here is in 100 percent agreement that you are a collossal flaming douche.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-12-16 08:34:57)

Offline

 

#76 2009-12-16 08:34:29

Bobo seriously, why don't you go out and find a human interest story?  Interview a 100 year old lady or a cub scout troop or something.  Or better yet, go get a real job so you can actually provide for your family and not be a burden on them.  Do something other than stare at this blog and spank the monkey all day.

Offline

 

#77 2009-12-16 08:35:51

Larry McDonald wrote:

What I find odd is how Slag---oops, Beammeup has been quiet since his reinstatement. You would think a class act like that would go back to the posts he made and answer the replies.

I'm being a good listener. It looks like you (Larry) want to pick a fight with me. Thanks for welcoming me.

Offline

 

#78 2009-12-16 08:43:58

OH no Slag---Beammeup, you picked the fight earlier. I was under the obviously mistaken opinion you had plenty to say when you arrived. I would love the opportunity to hear your views on my replies to earlier comments.

Since you offered your opinion on everything from my education to my loyalties, it's only fair you comment on my follow up.

Offline

 

#79 2009-12-16 08:54:10

His latest opinion column( I never call anything news in his yellow sheet) claims that the TBW "crowd" is confused and angry at each other, lashing out against those who won't allow the opportunity of tin foil people expressing themselves on this site.
I don't often read the troll's words, as Molly would say, stay away from heartburn.
But, apparently he thinks that his banning under the name of beammeup has caused friction and dissent among "our" ranks.
Misguided, ignorant, completely oblivious of the facts, easily duped into bad decisions and getting sucked in by us is not apparent to him.
There is no discontent on this site. Bill W and Commonsense, et.al., know how to play the game and they are better at it than the troll.
Peace and harmony reigns supreme on this site. Unwelcome visitors are exactly that, and when their welcome is really worn out, they are not allowed to post.
What's the problem?
We have fun with them like a cat with a mouse until someone in administration of this site has had enough and pulls the plug.
So what?
If we were stupid, we'd run out and set up new sites like the "other side" did at Town Meeting.
That was effective, wasn't it...and by the way, where have all of the sites gone?
We, as posters, also know we are simply guests of Bill W, et.al.
If we are not welcome into Bill's home, we won't be invited.
"Oh, Lord...what can we do now that we are banned from Bill's site?"
How about getting a life and a job and a place to move where everyone knows your name?
No moles, trolls or snakes.

Offline

 

#80 2009-12-16 09:07:13

Dear Larry, it was not my intent to pick a fight. I don't know about your education. Why don't you tell me about it?

Offline

 

#81 2009-12-16 09:11:28

Actually, why don't you tell me about it. You made the statement that I was fairly educated, so enlighten me as to what you were referring to. You also commented on how I threw my hat in with "money", and I explained that. Why don't you go back and read what was said? You remind me of another person that has the same philosophy of making statements and then asking others to re-read because they are either too lazy or forgot what they said.

I will give you credit, by saying you no nothing about my education, you immediately discounted your initial comments that I was fairly educated. Are you now contradicting yourself or do you just make statements without having any facts?

Dan, see the thread on Civil War :) It's quite good!

Offline

 

#82 2009-12-16 09:21:44

When I said you seemed fairly educated it was an opinion based on your posts. You usually seem like you can express yourself in well structured sentences and complete thoughts. It didn't mean I know how educated you are. Did you go to UTK? It is a good school.

By the way, I am not Slager, BoBo, or whatever you want to call him. I think I have a lot in common with the folks on this site. I'm not lazy (most of the time) and I don't recall all the things I've forgotten.

Offline

 

#83 2009-12-16 09:32:50

As I said earlier--  I'm waiting for my Christmas miracle-- a world without the rag.

To all my friends on this blog-- please help me get my wish-- don't read it, don't comment on it, don't use it to line your bird cages, just, please, don't do it.

I know I don't have to review all the things he's said that aren't true from the computer audit crap, to the Mary Jane/library embezzlement crap, to the latest civil war crap. I don't read his garbage, but I know about all the crap because I read about it on this blog. That tells me that some of us here can't quite kick the habit. It is what he lives for. He lives for a new posting here so he can run back to report to the tin foil hats.  Why give him what he wants? In my opinion, he has been very naughty and does not deserve to get any presents from us--namely--content for his rag.

All I want for Christmas is a town without acrimony and hate (which does not originate from this site). I want a town that is like the town I used to live in. I can't seem to find the real Wareham anymore.  I would really, really, really like to start the new year on a positive note. Can we all work together to make Wareham a better place? To do so, we must start with a total ban on the rag by bloggers on this site. There is plenty to write about each week since our bos keep us hopping. So what do you say? Can we give it a try?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline

 

#84 2009-12-16 10:00:28

Why don't you tell us your credentials for judging "fairly educated"? I understand if you said I was "fairly intelligent", but that statement pertains to education. What is your education? My education has been discussed before on this site, so it should be easy to find if you do your research.

I don't agree with your statement that you have a lot in common with folks on this site. Again, I would suggest you go back and read your original posts and start from there.

The good news, if you aren't lazy, is the posts are still there for you to read.

Offline

 

#85 2009-12-16 10:12:05

beammeup wrote:

By the way, I am not Slager, BoBo, or whatever you want to call him. I think I have a lot in common with the folks on this site.

bm up,  I found it interesting that your desire was to somewhat attack (my word) me so I'd like to hear, IYO, all that you have in common with the "folks on this site".  So far I don't see any commonality.  While you note that you are not Bobo, you sure do posture like him and even use his same wording.

And while you're sharing, please elaborate on your description of me being a "tool".  A tool for who and what ? A Better Wareham ?  If so, you're right!

Lastly, do you participate in Bobo's Sunday night chat ?  If so, maybe you can be a "tool".  I read Mr. J Donahue's suggestion that someone needs to reach across the "divide"; the one he has helped to create.  If he "truly" believes that, then he should be the one to initiate the reach.  I don't think he has it in him so maybe you can be his "tool" to bridge the gap. 

For the record,  the real division is that anyone with anything to offer (volunteer) has been subject to humiliation and embarrassment if one
does not "do as I say, not as I do".  At least that's the proven experience.
And if one doesn't live up to the "standard" for pressing forward their specific agendas (CRC -Mayoral, CEDA, nitrogen, Westfield, civil service, library, etc.)
then NO appointment for you.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited by bbrady (2009-12-16 10:13:14)

Offline

 

#86 2009-12-16 10:39:51

Mr Moderator has even sounded in the tin foil hat chat like he doesn't even really believe Bobo's lies about the library.  Let's see, a politician who doesn't believe something but stands back and lets it go on anyway because it benefits him and the wifey politically...remember that come April, folks!

Offline

 

#87 2009-12-16 10:42:06

beammeup.."I'm doing the best I can Captain!!!"

We did not interact on your last "go round"...I'm glad you've "come back" after all the discussion we had about "banning"...I believe the comments you made in general, and more directly towards LM and BB were "out of line"..and as "stand up" guys they have a right to question the comments/assertions you made of them..No "attacking", just a desire for you to explain yourself for those comments..and an assumption that you may be Bobo (based on your phrasing)..I, personally think that may come from ingesting too much "rag" in your diet..

Are you he??? Well, I don't know. Bob and Larry don't have the anonymity you and I (to a degree) have..and taking undeserved shots at their character/motives is common practice for the "tin foil hat brigade"..I know and respect them both..

I hope your not Bobo, and I hope you add some original thoughts to "our" forum..
For now..Welcome. I hope it goes better.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-16 13:47:20)

Offline

 

#88 2009-12-16 10:53:12

Ham,
if you go back to the original "i'm a coward" editiorial, the first person who told him something was going on with the library was John Donahue. I have never met JD in person, but I have witnessed his work. The racial baiting issue started by Bobo the Fabricator was furthered by the email distribution of John Donahue. I was also at Town Meeting to witness his abilities as a Moderator.

Offline

 

#89 2009-12-16 11:18:38

BOBO, "I WONT WASTE ANYMORE INK WRITING ABOUT HATEBLOGGERS"

Offline

 

#90 2009-12-16 12:21:37

I understand I made the Crystal Ball this week. Sigh, still not a jeer. Oh well, maybe "twice the man" Bobo will come by my house one day and explain it to me. :)

Offline

 

#91 2009-12-16 12:45:47

bbrady wrote:

Lastly, do you participate in Bobo's Sunday night chat ?  If so, maybe you can be a "tool".  I read Mr. J Donahue's suggestion that someone needs to reach across the "divide"; the one he has helped to create.  If he "truly" believes that, then he should be the one to initiate the reach.  I don't think he has it in him so maybe you can be his "tool" to bridge the gap.

I would truly welcome an opportunity for our Town Moderator to come aboard and open a dialogue. The mistake made by others is to come in with an attitude of arrogance and sling insults. It's much simpler to say, "Hi, this is (insert your name here). I am here to discuss the issues and share my thoughts". I agree with Bob, I don't think John Donahue will reach across the gap, but he will certainly suggest it!

Offline

 

#92 2009-12-16 14:09:20

I didn't mean "tool" to mean someone used by another. I meant the "tool" used as slang for part of the male anatomy. With any luck I won't get in trouble for it.

Offline

 

#93 2009-12-16 21:56:51

beammeup wrote:

That sounds like a threat bob. You are such a tool.

beammeup wrote:

I didn't mean "tool" to mean someone used by another. I meant the "tool" used as slang for part of the male anatomy. With any luck I won't get in trouble for it.

So I'm a "tool" because you interpret my telling MG not to ever flip me off again as bullying her.  And you have come to her defense because why ?
Maybe her actions are and would be acceptable to you ?  Or is it the man vs. woman thing ?

If defending MG for her despicable actions is what got you off the couch, you can go back and lay down now but thanks for the constructive criticism and for defining "tool" for us all.  I guess calling some a "tool" is better than flipping someone off.

Happy Holidays,
Dick...I mean Bob

Offline

 

#94 2009-12-16 22:05:09

bbrady wrote:

beammeup wrote:

That sounds like a threat bob. You are such a tool.

beammeup wrote:

I didn't mean "tool" to mean someone used by another. I meant the "tool" used as slang for part of the male anatomy. With any luck I won't get in trouble for it.

And a lot of you wanted this person to return why?

Last edited by commonsense (2009-12-16 22:32:19)

Offline

 

#95 2009-12-16 22:17:40

we alll make mistakes. jmo

Offline

 

#96 2009-12-16 22:18:24

Sorry BB and LM

Offline

 

#98 2009-12-16 22:20:59

I thought he might retool his demeanor...but instead he chose to go another dicrection, I guess...Don't forget the great ignore tool provided.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Offline

 

#99 2009-12-17 07:49:19

"Tool", "Stay on subject", "is that the best you can do?", "what about fair discussions and civility", etc., etc., etc.
Common had a good question....why is this asshole still on here?

Offline

 

#100 2009-12-17 08:11:45

I have to say that I gave this person a chance to at least go back and make comments on some of what they said. Unfortunately, they chose to act like they didn't say any of those things. I apologize to commonsense. It's clear this person really doesn't have anything to add.

Enough said.

Offline

 

#101 2009-12-17 14:42:51

I am sorry already....anyone want to talk about national politics?

Offline

 

#102 2009-12-17 15:32:55

beammeup wrote:

many poor people are dependent upon the wealthier business owners. I was pointing out the obvious: people like to side with the winners. However, being able to judge who the winners are is not the same as thinking through an issue deciding what is right or wrong. Anyone want to discuss instead of just being mean?

Larry McDonald wrote:

I truly hope you are not banned because you have opened a can of BS that leaves "fairly educated" people waiting to see if you got enough to actually back up those words. I am still chucking about the your comments concerning the Bobo the Fabricator and how his "articles seem to be filled with facts and they have the "ring-of-truth" to them". That isn't quite the same as ARE the truth.

The problem with your logic is that in order to find out the truth, you have to have one single shred of verifiable evidence in order to convince the authorities to investigate. That is how it works. You can't hang your hat on rumors, accusations, or second hand knowledge. It costs money to investigate and they don't just do it because a newspaper editor (with a history of bold unfounded claims) says so. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Bobo will go to the proper authorities and tell his story, bring his sources to tell their stories, and offer them ANYTHING that resembles reality, you might have an investigation. Bobo will whine about "protecting his sources" or "fearing for his life", but that is nonsense. Think about it! The authorities would protect them much better than a weasel editor who continues to whine but show no proof. I have also heard how he needs those audit results to see if there is anything on the library hard drive to support his allegations. Are you serious? Another grab at the golden ring. Let's face facts. Fact: his business is failing and he needs to sell newspapers in the worst way. What would help? I'm glad you asked! How about a sensational story citing un-named inside sources that show corruption. Hmmm, that is risky, but what if we can make it about a town leader who is deceased? That works! Unfortunately, it isn't working because there is no evidence to back up his allegations.

We really need to be talking about how to fix this town and crawl out from the mess made by our elected officials and their agenda. Bobo is a non-factor and his Tin Foil Hat club make statement that have me wondering if they huff paint.

Winners and losers are for sporting events. We need leaders. This isn't political posturing, this is real life. Jobs are at stake, houses are out stake, and this town is at stake. Talk is cheap.

Offline

 

#103 2009-12-17 15:37:44

beammeup wrote:

I don't look exactly like that, my hat looks more like a derby. Yes, I did send money to "BoBo." He may need it if anyone decides to slap a lawsuit on him. Of course that will not be a good idea if he is correct.

Larry McDonald wrote:

First, I am in awe of your generosity. It is always good to give to the needy. You give one side of the story, but when he is wrong, what will you say then? So far, he is 0-8 on predictions and you seem to be okay with that?

Offline

 

#104 2009-12-17 15:41:18

beammeup wrote:

Larry, I have been reading your postings and letters for some time now. You seem to be fairly well educated and intelligent. It is apparent you know which side of the bread the butter is located. You have made the judgement that your living standard will be best served by befriending those people in town who have "money power" and know how to use it.

The "predictions" strawman is nonsense. It is an old debate (fighting) tactic.

Larry McDonald wrote:

Please don't think you know me. I've read several posts on another site that shows that the lack of knowledge is a common thread. The only judgement I've made is that we have substandard management and leadership in this town. EVERYONE in this town would benefit from thoughtful and inteliigent leadership and that is where I am throwing my support. Unless your education level is up to snuff, don't ever use the word "fairly educated" with me again. That is a backhanded slap by a less than educated person with a "fair" amount of jealousy.

Unless you have the courage to sit down and talk with me, stop thinking you know me. Next you will be telling me that I'm a hitman from Tennessee hired by developers???????

I have the statements by bobo the fabricator that are way off the mark. Not a tactic, it's a fact.
Also, I have another prediction that Bobo made waiting to show again how off the mark he is.

Going forward, I will ignore you unless you can come up with facts instead of nonsense.

Since you were too lazy to go back, here are just a few of your opening remarks and still waiting for responses.

Offline

 

#105 2009-12-17 16:20:27

Larry McDonald wrote:

beammeup wrote:

I don't look exactly like that, my hat looks more like a derby. Yes, I did send money to "BoBo." He may need it if anyone decides to slap a lawsuit on him. Of course that will not be a good idea if he is correct.

Larry McDonald wrote:

First, I am in awe of your generosity. It is always good to give to the needy. You give one side of the story, but when he is wrong, what will you say then? So far, he is 0-8 on predictions and you seem to be okay with that?

I guess you are upset because I sent money to him and not you. I'll consider it.

Offline

 

#106 2009-12-17 16:26:39

Larry McDonald wrote:

beammeup wrote:

many poor people are dependent upon the wealthier business owners. I was pointing out the obvious: people like to side with the winners. However, being able to judge who the winners are is not the same as thinking through an issue deciding what is right or wrong. Anyone want to discuss instead of just being mean?

Larry McDonald wrote:

I truly hope you are not banned because you have opened a can of BS that leaves "fairly educated" people waiting to see if you got enough to actually back up those words. I am still chucking about the your comments concerning the Bobo the Fabricator and how his "articles seem to be filled with facts and they have the "ring-of-truth" to them". That isn't quite the same as ARE the truth.

The problem with your logic is that in order to find out the truth, you have to have one single shred of verifiable evidence in order to convince the authorities to investigate. That is how it works. You can't hang your hat on rumors, accusations, or second hand knowledge. It costs money to investigate and they don't just do it because a newspaper editor (with a history of bold unfounded claims) says so. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Bobo will go to the proper authorities and tell his story, bring his sources to tell their stories, and offer them ANYTHING that resembles reality, you might have an investigation. Bobo will whine about "protecting his sources" or "fearing for his life", but that is nonsense. Think about it! The authorities would protect them much better than a weasel editor who continues to whine but show no proof. I have also heard how he needs those audit results to see if there is anything on the library hard drive to support his allegations. Are you serious? Another grab at the golden ring. Let's face facts. Fact: his business is failing and he needs to sell newspapers in the worst way. What would help? I'm glad you asked! How about a sensational story citing un-named inside sources that show corruption. Hmmm, that is risky, but what if we can make it about a town leader who is deceased? That works! Unfortunately, it isn't working because there is no evidence to back up his allegations.

We really need to be talking about how to fix this town and crawl out from the mess made by our elected officials and their agenda. Bobo is a non-factor and his Tin Foil Hat club make statement that have me wondering if they huff paint.

Winners and losers are for sporting events. We need leaders. This isn't political posturing, this is real life. Jobs are at stake, houses are out stake, and this town is at stake. Talk is cheap.

I'm not sure what is expected of me here. Larry's comment doen't really apply to what I said. I do think we should talk about fixing the town. First we have to identify things that need fixing. I'll start: East Wareham's portion of Cranberry Highway needs fixing and we're running out of time to get stimulous money.

Offline

 

#107 2009-12-17 16:35:40

Larry McDonald wrote:

beammeup wrote:

Larry, I have been reading your postings and letters for some time now. You seem to be fairly well educated and intelligent. It is apparent you know which side of the bread the butter is located. You have made the judgement that your living standard will be best served by befriending those people in town who have "money power" and know how to use it.

The "predictions" strawman is nonsense. It is an old debate (fighting) tactic.

Larry McDonald wrote:

Please don't think you know me. I've read several posts on another site that shows that the lack of knowledge is a common thread. The only judgement I've made is that we have substandard management and leadership in this town. EVERYONE in this town would benefit from thoughtful and inteliigent leadership and that is where I am throwing my support. Unless your education level is up to snuff, don't ever use the word "fairly educated" with me again. That is a backhanded slap by a less than educated person with a "fair" amount of jealousy.

Unless you have the courage to sit down and talk with me, stop thinking you know me. Next you will be telling me that I'm a hitman from Tennessee hired by developers???????

I have the statements by bobo the fabricator that are way off the mark. Not a tactic, it's a fact.
Also, I have another prediction that Bobo made waiting to show again how off the mark he is.

Going forward, I will ignore you unless you can come up with facts instead of nonsense.

Since you were too lazy to go back, here are just a few of your opening remarks and still waiting for responses.

I will keep searching the blogs for your education since you said it was here somewhere. I haven't found it yet. I shouldn't have said "fairly" since I was trying to complement you and that word got in the way of my intent.

I almost moved to Tennessee myself. I wonder why you moved here.

Anything else you want me to comment on?

Offline

 

#108 2009-12-17 17:07:14

beammeup wrote:

I will keep searching the blogs for your education since you said it was here somewhere. I haven't found it yet. I shouldn't have said "fairly" since I was trying to complement you and that word got in the way of my intent.

Your Freudian slip is showing again, beammeup.
..first "cheat" instead of "cheek"...
..Now, "complement" instead of "compliment"
"fairly educated"...hmmmm
I'm still waiting to see if you complement this forum (proper usage)..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-17 17:24:03)

Offline

 

#109 2009-12-17 17:21:35

Good catch...I did indeed mean compliment.

Offline

 

#110 2009-12-17 17:51:39

beammeup wrote:

I guess you are upset because I sent money to him and not you. I'll consider it.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get through to you, so what do you say we just call it a day?

You have no intention of answering questions.

Offline

 

#111 2009-12-17 17:55:56

I caught that too PSpan. I'm done here. Nothing to see and my apologies to Commonsense. I was wrong, this person is just here to stir.

Offline

 

#112 2009-12-17 18:06:38

beammeup wrote:

I do think we should talk about fixing the town. First we have to identify things that need fixing. I'll start: East Wareham's portion of Cranberry Highway needs fixing and we're running out of time to get stimulous money.

In an effort to actually have ANY meaningful "discussions"..I wanted to address this topic you raised. It's not something I've heard too much about, and I have no details as to timelines/deadlines on stimilus $$$..(I didn't know the "roads" there were an issue)..So, if you (or anyone) has any more information on the topic, please add it..

Overall, your "desire" to "identify things that need fixing" is (IMO) pretty much what we try and do here. I believe it starts with changing the "leadership"..and I'm guessing you don't agree. For me I believe the "relationship" with them is irreconcilable. Let me ask you. Do you support the current "leaders" of Wareham?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Offline

 

#113 2009-12-17 18:27:57

I have officially put Slag....errr Beammeup in the same pile I put Ms Petinuia. It's called the ignore list. I just don't see any effort to communicate with this "person" as productive.

Offline

 

#114 2009-12-17 19:17:49

I tried to answer you Larry, let me try again.

Larry: The authorities would protect them much better than a weasel editor who continues to whine but show no proof. I have also heard how he needs those audit results to see if there is anything on the library hard drive to support his allegations. Are you serious?

Answer: If this question is for me I donít understand it.

Larry: Another grab at the golden ring. Let's face facts. Fact: his business is failing and he needs to sell newspapers in the worst way. What would help?

Answer: Iím pretty sure this is rhetorical.

Larry: I'm glad you asked! How about a sensational story citing un-named inside sources that show corruption. Hmmm, that is risky, but what if we can make it about a town leader who is deceased?

Answer: Again, not for me (It think).

Larry: You give one side of the story, but when he is wrong, what will you say then?

Answer: I will say he is wrong.

Larry:  So far, he is 0-8 on predictions and you seem to be okay with that?

Answer: Iím not okay with predictions.

Larry: Unless you have the courage to sit down and talk with me, stop thinking you know me. Next you will be telling me that I'm a hitman from Tennessee hired by developers???????

Answer: I would be happy to sit down and talk. I have never thought of calling someone a hit man from Tennessee hired by developers. It probably would never occur to me to think about anyone that way.

Larry: I have also heard how he needs those audit results to see if there is anything on the library hard drive to support his allegations. Are you serious?

Answer: I donít know how to answer this. It makes sense that the hard drives would help him.

Larry: Another grab at the golden ring. Let's face facts. Fact: his business is failing and he needs to sell newspapers in the worst way. What would help?

Answer: Selling more papers would probably help him keep his business afloat.

Larry: I'm glad you asked! How about a sensational story citing un-named inside sources that show corruption. Hmmm, that is risky, but what if we can make it about a town leader who is deceased?

Answer: It does go against my instincts to leave dead people alone. It does make Slager look bad.

Larry: No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get through to you, so what do you say we just call it a day?

Answer: I hope not.

As you can see I have answered all of the questions you (Larry) said I was too lazy to find and answer. I suspect this isn't good enough, but I hope it is.

Offline

 

#115 2009-12-17 19:37:26

P-SPAN wrote:

beammeup wrote:

I do think we should talk about fixing the town. First we have to identify things that need fixing. I'll start: East Wareham's portion of Cranberry Highway needs fixing and we're running out of time to get stimulous money.

In an effort to actually have ANY meaningful "discussions"..I wanted to address this topic you raised. It's not something I've heard too much about, and I have no details as to timelines/deadlines on stimilus $$$..(I didn't know the "roads" there were an issue)..So, if you (or anyone) has any more information on the topic, please add it..

Overall, your "desire" to "identify things that need fixing" is (IMO) pretty much what we try and do here. I believe it starts with changing the "leadership"..and I'm guessing you don't agree. For me I believe the "relationship" with them is irreconcilable. Let me ask you. Do you support the current "leaders" of Wareham?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

P-SPAN: I don't have any specific information about stimulus (we all misspell sometimes), but I see road projects being done all over the state. Some of them are a lot less needed than many of our roads. If it is the town at fault then shame on them. I suspect it is a state legislature influence (of which we seem to have none) issue. Leadership is only part of the problem. In order to fix problems we have to identify them. The list would be very long if we put our heads together. It shouldn't even be that controversial. Just a list of roads that need work would be extensive.

Offline

 

#116 2009-12-17 21:23:24

Beammeup,

One paticular interest to me in my business is Healthcare. You mentioned a national topic.

Do you think we will get a Healthcare Reform bill on Barrack's desk by Christmas?

We are starting to see some stimulus money trickle down for electronic health records. But Hospials are mainly concerned with their operational budgets and reimbursement. This bill would help them.

Steve

Offline

 

#117 2009-12-17 21:46:47

"Answer: It does go against my instincts to leave dead people alone. It does make Slager look bad."
HUH?
Common...WTF?

Offline

 

#118 2009-12-17 21:51:45

danoconnell wrote:

Common...WTF?

Hey, I tried to warn you all.  Now its up to Bill.

Offline

 

#119 2009-12-17 22:06:00

BMU
ask the people you elected at the local level if they even thought to push for the Cranberry hwy. project to be put on fast track with sitmulus money that is what was needed. the ones you see moving forward are the ones the local gov. pushed for the local that had ther act together. Think about it.

Offline

 

#120 2009-12-17 22:08:46

Just for the record, does anyone else find it odd that Mass is 48th in the country in pushing stimulus money out? Hmmm, I wonder if Mr. Patrick is aware we are wayyyyy behind?

Offline

 

#121 2009-12-17 22:20:48

Steve
I know you will disagree with me but the health care bill is held up by one man named Nelson who does not what any woman to have free will, even though God gave us free will. He wants to make the choice for us. I am against Abortion but I am not against free choice. You make the decision. If you are Christian Muslim, or Jewish in faith we all believe in the god of Abraham an he gave us free will. I know I a Buddhist but Jesus  is my Buddha.
now let the descussion begin. Beammeup now that is a national topic. And religion is a big part of it even though we have seperation of church an state.


Edited for spelling and content. sorry/

Last edited by kinsailman (2009-12-17 22:38:10)

Offline

 

#122 2009-12-17 22:34:48

danoconnell wrote:

"Answer: It does go against my instincts to leave dead people alone. It does make Slager look bad."
HUH?
Common...WTF?

I really screwed that sentence up. I meant to say "leave the dead alone." I wouldn't want my dead loved one's reputation messed with.

Offline

 

#123 2009-12-17 22:37:27

I support the health care insurance reform initiative. It looks like the senate is making a mess of it though. The only truly efficient way to provide insurance is by including everyone and then guarding against fraud and abuse.

Offline

 

#124 2009-12-17 22:40:18

We have gotten stimulus money (i've seen the signs at construction zones) in the state. Why hasn't Wareham gotten any?

Offline

 

#125 2009-12-17 22:45:19

again ask your local gov. why they did not push for it. Freetown did and they are getting there off ramp. That was local people pushing for it not there state and fed reps. The Slectman must be involved in all aspests of what is going on in wareham. If you really want it for your town you have to work for it even if you are not paid for the job it is what you ran for. wake up Wareham voters.  7 you get what you voted for think about it before you vote.

Offline

 

#126 2009-12-17 22:52:12

Kin,
You know how I was raised, not to be pro abortion, but choice is also a freedom we enjoy. We have shed gallons of young and old soldiers blood for that freedom.

Having lost a son at birth it drives me nuts to think someone would chose to do that intentionally, but I get angry when I see our flag desecrated as well...yet they claim freedom when they do that too.

In this debate I think Nelson needs to look at the big picture. Hospitals are struggling giving out free care, that money has to come from somewhere or they lay good people off. We just witnessed that locally at Southcoast. There must be a remedy to provide healthcare to those with none, so that Hospitals can recoup their losses.

If more people had it then employment would go through the roof, tax revenues would increase it's a win win.IMO

Steve

Offline

 

#127 2009-12-17 23:04:03

Steve
Abortion is a hard disision for anyone. but if you look at the stats most are made because of the economics. I don't agree but I am not the one making the dicision thank God. I have had two family members in the positon of that same disision they happly made the choise of life but I would have stood by them if they made the disision to go the other way. It was for them to make and not for me to judge. The gov needs to push this helth care bill forward. JMO.

Offline

 

#128 2009-12-17 23:07:34

I don't think I'll say too much about the "national" topics raised..except, I'm anti Health Care reform..and pro-choice..

beammeup..touche on the spelling error(s)..There are four different spellings for stimulus in this one thread! (Do you think that's a record?)..As far as how to address the issue..I was thinking, maybe bringing it up at citizen's participation and/or discussing it with the new TA..unless you're thinking that our State Rep hasn't done her job??

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Offline

 

#129 2009-12-18 08:31:55

I can make a prediction here. You keep talking about National issues and Bill W will pull a "nutty".
Everyone knows he does not tolerate issues discussed that will drive some people over the edge.
There won't be any discussions about the existence of God, Barack Obama's term in office, Republicans vs. Democrats, gay issues, abortion, health care, etc.
The two wars, anything to do with past Administrations and their competence or lack of it.
Why?
Because Bill is smart enough to know it will open Pandora's Box and he knows that everyone should be concentrating on the issues that affect Wareham.
In order to solve the World problems, we need to start on the local level, and stay focused on the local level.
This is a non-partisan election in Town. Leave it that way, or risk the alienation of the over 60% of your registered voters that are not party affiliated.
As the other side says, "stay on track."
If not...one never knows how Bill will react.
While we are at it, Bill...get rid of that "tool" beammeup.
Just my opinion, of course.

Offline

 

#130 2009-12-18 08:39:16

By the way, as I have said many times, we have been invited to Bill's house. Let's follow his house rules. You want to talk about National and World issues, use PMs or e-mails, get it off of your chest that way.
Also, open Pandora's box, and you don't know who is coming out.
I'd hate to see one of "us" get our nuts ripped out because we don't know the issues as well as some that can embarrass us about our lack of knowledge.
I'm not insulting anyone on this site's intelligence or lack of ability...I am just saying, follow the house rules.
I would hate to see Bill pull the plug on this site.
It took a long time to gather the strength you have because of this site.
It would take years to do the same somewhere else.
Bill's house...Bill' rules.
It's kind of like what you tell your 18 year old child that doesn't have a clue about the future, and doesn't want to play by the house rules.
"Goodbye and good luck."
Let's not push it.

Offline

 

Board footer

warehamwater.com